Collecting and Archiving as Creative Process

Assignment 1: Compile 15 images that together form a collection. Load the images on to the blog.
Provide a critique of each collection. Title your collection in the title field and make sure you add your byline (your name). For example: Wildlife Eating Orange Foods by Onetwo Three

Key questions to address in crits:
1. How cohesive is the collection?
2. Unity: How is the collection unified? Composition, subject matter, concept, etc.
3. Variety: Too much or not enough?

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Steve Doody Image Collection: Rapper Mugshots

















In order: Young Jeezy, Tupac Shakur, T.I., The Game, Record Mogul Suge Knight, Snoop Dogg, R. Kelly, Ol' Dirty Bastard, Lil Wayne, Jay-Z, Eminem, DMX, Diddy, Pitbull, and of course, the one, the only, 50 Cent.

6 comments:

  1. Shows unity, only so much context with a mugshot can be made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a statement. A collection of "mistakes". I must admit at first I laughed. Because it is a regular occurrence it has become comical. But what is this really saying? Just a rhetorical question. As Suresh said, unity is apparent. The fact that they are mugshots limited your scope for backgrounds and other elements to be included.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very unified. Interesting commentary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that this series seems to have more of a commentary to it than any other I've seen so far. It's so interesting to me to see these moments captured - here are men who are at the top of their field, successful, and famous. And these images capture a time when they were probably feeling regretful or humbled. I don't know, just interesting to me, I like it. In concept it is all unified, but visually, I think I would have liked to see all mugshots head on, or all as the dual head on/ profile image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting! I enjoy the common theme they share!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is cool. the pictures do come together in terms of it being mugshot which you explained in the title. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.