Collecting and Archiving as Creative Process

Assignment 1: Compile 15 images that together form a collection. Load the images on to the blog.
Provide a critique of each collection. Title your collection in the title field and make sure you add your byline (your name). For example: Wildlife Eating Orange Foods by Onetwo Three

Key questions to address in crits:
1. How cohesive is the collection?
2. Unity: How is the collection unified? Composition, subject matter, concept, etc.
3. Variety: Too much or not enough?

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Light Post!

This collection is of the different light post around the city.




















5 comments:

  1. I bet it was fun finding all of these examples. I would have liked to have seen them in a close up shot to separate them from their surroundings a bit more. Great example of seeing things we tend to overlook and showcasing the architectural diversity of the city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Such a great idea, capturing something we "see" everyday, but don't necessarily pay attention. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some were in shadow and had poor lighting (funny since they are lightposts!), but I love the variety of angles and distances and just the many different examples you were able to find. It's kind of opened my eyes up to the differences in architecture that can be seen in even the smallest parts of the city.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the light post thing. i think the pictures have really nice angles.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.